|Title:||Volunteer Station Coordinator for Senior Companion Program ( part-time )|
|Department:||Foster Grandparent/Senior Companion|
REPORTS TO: Senior Companion Director DATE: November 2020
HOURLY PAY RATE: 20 hours per week @ $14.74 per hour
The Volunteer Station Coordinator will engage and connect senior adults to service opportunities within Morgan, Lawrence and Cullman Counties. The Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and managing of senior adults’ schedules and performance.
- Under the direction of the Program Director, the Coordinator recruits, trains, completes volunteer paperwork, sets up personnel files and enters appropriate intake data into data system used for volunteers assigned to the CAPNA Volunteer Station.
- Responsible for maintenance of CAPNA Volunteer Station senior adult volunteer personnel files (driver’s license, vehicle insurance, performance evaluations, income review, and other required documents).
- Determines the needs of potential clients assigned to the CAPNA Volunteer Station. Applies programmatic outcomes that best fit the client’s needs and selects, trains, places and monitors CAPNA Volunteer Station senior adult volunteers to address the client’s care plan and capture outcomes achieved. Enter client into intake data system.
- Responsible for the schedule of the CAPNA Volunteer Station senior adult volunteers, maintaining a full and reasonable schedule and ensuring that programmatic and grant guidelines are met.
- Responsible for monthly review of CAPNA Volunteer Station senior adult volunteer timesheets.
- Meet regularly with the Program Director to review CAPNA Volunteer Station volunteer status, schedule assignments, county calendars for events and recruitment/community presence opportunities. Review long range, intermediate and short terms goals and objectives.
- Assists the Program Director at Volunteer Inservice Meetings.
- Assists with the administration of personnel policies and procedures for volunteers consistent with those of the Partnership and recommendations of the Advisory Council.
Mature understanding of senior adults and the needs of low income families. Understanding of how to achieve results for senior adults in a Senior Companion role. Bachelor’s degree required, Healthcare/Gerontology focus preferred. Ability to use technology to achieve results required. Case management, nursing/healthcare experience desired. Excellent communication skills required. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Supports and understands the vision, mission and values of the Partnership.
- Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
Work Relationships and Scope:
Reports directly to the Director of Senior Companion Program. Daily or regular interactions with others working directly with senior adults.
Measure of Performance:
Creates mutually beneficial partnerships with senior adults that achieve results. Recruits CAPNA Volunteer Station volunteers and assists the Program Director with monthly CAPNA Volunteer Station new volunteer training. Assists the Program Director with development of volunteer training plans for CAPNA Volunteer Station volunteers. Records accurate Volunteer Station and CAPNA Volunteer Station volunteer data in a timely manner. Completes required programmatic outcome tracker and records/manages time accurately to fulfill funder and agency requirements. Works well with the program director. Excellent communication skills. Represents the values of the Partnership in action and word. Innovative regarding techniques and delivery methods.
Work is performed in an office setting with minimal safety issues. Frequent travel to service site meetings in the three county area. This position requires sitting, standing, bending, and minimal lifting. This position requires a valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, safe driving record and an ABI/FBI background check clearance. This position is temporary (24 month maximum) with the possibility for a permanent role based on agency needs and funding.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the Senior Companion Director. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.