|Title:||Family Engagement Specialist- EHS CCP (Morgan County)|
GRADE LEVEL/SALARY: 18; $18.00/HR
The Family Engagement Specialist (FES) is responsible for building relationships with families as well as strengthening and building partnerships in the community. Family Engagement Specialist is responsible for recording documentation in program data system to account for family engagement. The Family Engagement Specialist will represent the Partnership in assigned geographic areas to deliver results.
- Provide families the opportunity to participate in the Family Partnership Agreement goal setting process.
- Establish and maintain a Family Partnership Agreement tracking system to ensure each family has had the opportunity to establish goals.
- Complete the Family Outcome Framework with parents.
- Coordinate and facilitate School Readiness Transition Meeting for parents.
- Monitor assigned classroom attendance weekly.
- Follow-up on attendance of children who have excessive absences
- Provide a monthly analysis on children’s attendance that falls below 85%.
- Engage and support medical and dental Providers/community partners as they visit and provide on-site screenings and/or assessments on enrolled children.
- Assist families in applying for and completing medical insurance.
- Participate in the execution of the Partnership’s Parent Orientation remotely or in person.
- Attend Policy Council Meeting (remotely or in person) a minimum of one time during a school year.
- Work with families within 30 calendar days of child’s enrollment to determine whether each child has an ongoing source of continuous, accessible health care and document results in ChildPlus.
- Complete required health mandates screenings within 45 days of child’s enrollment.
- Document required 45 –day health mandates screenings in ChildPlus after completion.
- Work with families within first 90 days of enrollment to obtain determination as to whether or not enrolled child is up-to-date on scheduled preventive medical or oral health care.
- Document all interaction with families on working to obtain 90 –day Physical and Dental documentation.
- Distribute, review, monitor In-Kind contribution from families.
- Validate In-Kind contributions and enter accurately in ChildPlus.
- Ensure required PIR documentation is entered accurately in ChildPlus.
- Recruit volunteers to help agency meet In-Kind match.
- Recruit for eligible children and families for Head Start.
- Account for recruitment efforts.
- Complete and enter In-take (application) in ChildPlus accurately.
- Communicate with Child Services Administration on Policy Council family (parent) representation participation for scheduled meetings.
- Participate in Health Services Advisory Committee as requested.
- Participate in recruiting potential substitutes to help meet staff-child ratio for classrooms.
- Assist in meeting classroom ratio as needed when requested by Supervisor.
- Engage in and/or coordinate community outreach projects.
- Assist families in being advocates for their child’s services.
- Complete other assigned task as assigned by Center Director to ensure services for children and families are met.
- Support and understand the vision, mission and values of the Partnership.
- Represent the Mission and Vision of the agency.
- Commit to maintaining a healthy work environment that allows other individuals around to devote their full attention and best efforts to the job.
- Provide prompt, efficient and responsive results in a demanding work environment.
- Participate in community events to establish collaborative relationships and partnerships.
- Reference policies and procedures to implement services in a timely manner and accurately.
- Participate in Self-Assessment.
- Due to independence of accomplishing expectations in this position, a high level of accountability and integrity is required.
- Request to participate in no-cost to reasonable Professional Development opportunities (remotely or in person) during the school year for professional growth.
- Other duties as necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the FES position.
Work Relationships and Scope:
Reports directly to the Center Director. Daily or regular interactions with others working directly with families, children, staff and local community resource providers.
Measure of Performance:
Build Relationship with enrolled families. (On-going)
100% of establish Family Partnership goals with families are SMART (On-going)
90% of follow up is identified and documented when a child’s attendance is below 85% (Weekly)
Establish a plan with 85% of families who has a child who have missed ten percent of program days. (On-going)
95% -100% of ChildPlus documentation entered accurately (use of Instructions). (Daily)
100% submit FES Task Guide to supervisor weekly to account for performance. (Weekly)
100% complete 45 –day health mandated screenings within guidelines. (On going)
100% ensure center has a Policy Council Parent Representative (On-going)
100% ensure parent Policy Council Representative participate in scheduled Policy Council meeting. (On-going)
100% of Parent Center Committee are active and documentation is accessible and available to support. (On-going)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
BS Degree in Social Work or related field required and/or achieve Family Development Credential within 18 months of hiring. Ability to problem solve and work in a team environment. Exemplifies cultural humility and sensitivity. Excellent communication skills. Proficient use of technology. Ability to implement Head Start Performance Standards, Daycare Licensing Minimum Standards according to job description. Ability to work independently to produce measureable family outcomes.
Work is performed in an office setting with minimal safety issues. Due to COVID-19, remote working has to be requested and approved by Supervisor. The ability to frequently travel to assigned designated centers in the Partnership service areas, as well as to internal and/or external meetings, trainings, and community involvement. This position requires sitting, standing, bending, and minimal lifting. This position requires a valid driver’s license and safe driving record and travel by air. Complete and pass ABI/FBI background check.
All full-time employees of the Partnership are provided a very generous and exceptional benefits package which includes full medical coverage managed by PEEHIP (BC/BS Plan). The agency contributes over 10% monthly to the Retirement System of Alabama on behalf of each employee.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the Director of Children’s Services. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.