|Title:||Custodian-Lauderdale County Early Learning Center (Lauderdale County)|
JOB TITLE: Custodian STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Center Director SALARY GRADE: 12
SALARY PER HOUR: $12.50
Responsible for maintaining a clean and accident free work site and environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
High school diploma or GED. Experience in janitorial work preferred. Good communication skills. Ability to work with both professionals and non-professionals. Must be sensitive to working with children and families from diverse social, economical, and cultural backgrounds. Must be knowledgeable of Performance Standards, Day Care Licensing and Health Regulations. Must be dependable, work as scheduled and be on time. Mechanical aptitude a plus.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum all floors daily to ensure they are clean.
- Mix bleach solutions daily.
- Minor pest control: treat ant beds, wasp nests, remove cobwebs, etc.
- Remove trash daily and keep trash receptacles clean.
- Maintain emergency equipment (fire extinguisher, exit lights, exit doors).
- Monitors the equipment at the work site to ensure it is in good working order and repair.
- Monitor and inventory environmental supplies.
- Completes minor repairs to the facility.
Responsibilities if assigned as the Food Service Support:
- Call in count for meals daily
- Meal pick-up and delivery of breakfast and lunch
- Clean up after meals and garbage disposal
- Clean and sanitize food containers daily
- Clean and sanitize Food Service vehicle
- Supports and understands the mission of the Partnership.
- Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
Work Relationships and Scope:
Reports directly to the Children's Services Classroom Specialist). Regular interaction with FES/FEL, Teaching Staff, Property Manager and others. Frequent interaction with vendors to obtain cleaning supplies.
Measure of Performance:
Quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed.
Work is performed mainly at a school site with moderate exposure to injury. Must be able to lift at a minimum 50 pounds, climb ladders, bend, twist, and operate cleaning equipment necessary to do the job. This position requires a clear drug test, valid driver’s license, a safe driving record, ABI/FBI Background Clearance, TB test and physical exam.
All full-time employees of the Partnership are provided a very generous and exceptional benefits package which includes full medical coverage managed by PEEHIP (BC/BS Plan). The agency contributes over 10% monthly to the Retirement System of Alabama on behalf of each employee.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the Quality Assurance & Compliance Officer. All requirements are subject to change and adaptations made to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.