|Title:||EHS CCP Assistant Center Director-Fort Payne Area|
REPORTS TO: Center Director DATE: January 2021
GRADE/SALARY: 34; $14.63-$24.38 DAYS: 220
This key position will provide support and monitoring to promote collaboration between coworkers to ensure best practices, standards, policies and procedures of the program. This position is responsible for coaching, training, and modeling best practices to support progress toward child, family and program goals.
- Assist with ensuring the center operates per standards and regulations.
- Assist with the monitoring and supervision of classroom staff, Family Engagement Staff and center support staff.
- Provide status reports to Center Director concerning monitoring and support of staff.
- Support and maintain professional development systems that promote positive, goal-oriented relationships, cultural responsiveness, reflective practice, and an environment focusing on family, program and community growth.
- Ensure parenting classes are sensitive to family needs and schedules.
- Follow-up with Family Engagement Specialist on children that have excessive absences. Develop a plan to support families when family issues are evident.
- Analyze and use program data to set strategic long-term goals for the provision of family needs: medical insurance, dental, and parenting skills.
- Works with families within first 90 days of enrollment to obtain determination as the child’s up-to-date scheduled preventive medical and dental care.
- Engage with the Center Director in planning of center events for parent orientation, health screenings, open house, transition meeting and other events at the center.
- Ensure required 45-day mandates are completed and entered into Child Plus after completion.
- Ensure assigned children from selection are enrolled into the classrooms before or on the due date from ERSEA.
- Work with the Center Director conducting 90 day, mid-year and annual evaluations as needed.
- Schedule and provide appointments for In-Takes.
- Review In-Takes for accuracy prior to submission to ERSEA.
- Reviews and check In-Kind for accuracy and submits ERSEA.
- Verify staff complete tasks listed in FES Monthly Checklist with needed documentation for verification.
- Work collaboratively with all contents and support staff.
- Respond to staff and parent concerns, questions, and complaints as soon as possible. Problem solve and pull from various resources to produce positive results.
- Work in coordination with Center Team on parent/family orientation, training, and parent/family engagement and recruitment.
- Collaborate with Center Team to create a recruitment plan.
- Accountable for accurate daily sign-in/out, time sheet entry, leave requests and time sheet approval.
- Promote School Readiness Goals and provide strategies to increase children’s outcomes.
- Serve as an advocate for children and family issues in the community
- Encourage, empower and support staff through training and modeling.
- Plan and lead professional development opportunities.
- Enhance partnerships with community organizations that support families.
- Support and understand the vision, mission and values of the Partnership.
- Attend community activities and meetings appropriate for the Program.
- Conduct community outreach to build support, awareness, positive relationships and open communication with local entities that reflects the vision of the agency.
- Supports Policy Council process, promotes the importance of programmatic governance and makes contact with the representative as needed.
- Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
Work Relationships and Scope:
Reports directly to the Center Director concerning work related tasks and locations. Regular interaction with Teaching Staff, Family Engagement Specialist, support staff, content staff, and co-workers. Frequent interaction with the general public, Federal, and State regulatory agencies.
Measure of Performance:
- Assist Center Director with operations with the center. (ongoing)
- Monitor Family Engagement Specialists ChildPlus documentation (Monthly)
- Monitor In-Kind communication to ERSEA and In-Kind accuracy (Monthly)
- Monitor Family Engagement Specialists In-Takes for accuracy (Monthly)
- Review and account for Family Engagement Monthly Checklist (Monthly)
- Provide support on monitoring to center team. (ongoing)
- Collaborate with center team to recruit children and families. (ongoing)
- Collaborate with center team to conduct Transition Meeting. (1/year)
- Pull ChildPlus Report to verify mandates and rescreens are complete. (ongoing)
- Enter accurate time, work tasks and location. (daily)
- Follow program policies and procedures. (ongoing)
- Work with Family Engagement Specialists and teaching staff to build relationships with families. (ongoing)
- Deadlines are met with 100% accuracy. (ongoing)
- Collaborate with Mental Health Consultant resources for staff, children, and families. (ongoing)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:Associate's degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work or related field is required, with at least 2 years of management experience in an educational environment. Proven leader with 1-3 years of program supervision. Experience working with young children. 1-3 years of Head Start experience preferred. Ability to professionally interact with the public. Detail oriented and accurate. Able to use advanced digital systems to accomplish results. Superior interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the public, staff and regulatory agencies.
Work is performed in an office setting and classroom with minimal safety issues. Frequent travel is required travel to outside meetings and Partnership sites throughout northern Alabama counties. This position requires sitting, standing, bending, and minimal lifting. This position requires a valid driver’s license, valid insurance and safe driving record.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the Education Manager. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.