|Title:||Classroom Floater (TEMPORARY - ONE YEAR)|
|Location:||North Alabama Area|
Community Action Partnership of North Alabama
is seeking individuals to fill the following positions:
CLASSROOM FLOATER - Multiple Locations throughout North Alabama available
$14.00 PER HOUR
TEMPORARY POSITIONS FOR ONE SCHOOL YEAR (200 days total) still open at the following locations:
Albertville & Arab Head Start
Dekalb & Cherokee Counties - 2 Positions (BILINGUAL PREFERRED)
Hartselle Head Start,
Lauderdale Early Learning Center in Florence
Madison County - 2 Positions
Morgan County - 2 Positions to cover Eva, Cotaco, Danville, Lacey Springs, & Union Hill
Sheffield Head Start - 2 Positions
UAH Early Learning Center
Vivian Conaster Turner in Decatur
The Floater is a temporarily assigned (up to one year max/200 total working days), regular Classroom Partner/Substitute that will provide support for a classroom in their respective area when a Teacher or Teacher Assistant has to be absent. The Floater will be expected to work alongside the staff as needed to assist in providing high-quality early education and child development services to all children and promote school readiness, cognitive, social, and emotional growth for later success in school. The Floater should work to build a nurturing relationship with children and staff in the classroom she is assigned to for the day. If no teaching staff are absent, the Floater will assist with other duties as assigned for the classroom and/or center.
Deliver high-quality early education and child development results by implementing the following:
- Head Start Performance Standards
- Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework
- Daycare Licensing Minimum Standards
- Agency Policies and Procedures
- Creative Curriculum
- Alabama Early Learning Guidelines
- Alabama Developmental Standards for Preschool Children
- Regularly and professionally, communicate with parents if needed to ensure they are kept informed about their child’s routines, activities and behavior.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Will look to Teacher and/or Center Director for guidance and additional training
- Will submit required paperwork to Teacher for review.
- Other assignments when no Teacher or Teacher Assistant is absent in the area could include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Office duties
- Support for Center Director or Assistant Center Director if applicable
- Assistance in a classroom with a child that needs additional support
- Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position or related duties.
Work Relationships and Scope
- Reports directly to the Center Director. Works closely with the Teacher or Teacher Assistants in her area as needed, Family Engagement Staff, Children’s Services support staff, children and families.
Measure of Performance
Quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed.
- Follow Human Resources and program Policies and Procedures. (ongoing)
- Deadlines are met at 100%. (ongoing)
- Paperwork is submitted on time with 100% accuracy. (ongoing)
- Daily flexibility with schedule assignment.
- Individualize with children based on their needs and interests. (ongoing)
- Accountable entering time in time keeping system. (daily)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Use of effective Teaching Practices
- Focus on promoting growth and developmental progressions in children.
- Provide nurture and reflect adequate competencies to provide care to our children.
- Integrate developmentally appropriate learning experiences in all developmental areas.
- Ability to focus on the individuals needs of each child while assisting to maintain order in the classroom.
- Must understand and be sensitive to the challenges of income eligible families and the consequences that families and children face in low-income communities.
- Must understand the challenges for families where English is not the primary language used in the home.
Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent. Experience working as a Classroom Partner or a substitute in a pre-school environment preferred.
- Hold a current age appropriate CPR/First Aid Certification.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance and safe driving record.
- Proficient user of digital technology to accomplish results.
- Must pass an ABI/FBI Background check every five years and a drug test at employment and randomly.
Results are primarily delivered in a classroom setting conducive to the activities of young children. The Floater will be required to actively engage children in play, which will require sitting, standing, bending, running, seeing, hearing and minimal lifting of at least 50 pounds. The Floater is expected to actively engage children outdoors. The Floater may encounter children with challenging behaviors and is expected to deal with these appropriately. The Floater should exhibit a positive attitude, be willing to go to the classroom assigned as needed and create a welcoming environment that supports the unique culture, ethnic and economic backgrounds of the families.
This is a temporary position and is not benefit eligible.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the Center Director, Teacher or Teacher Assistant which she is working with at the time. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
The Partnership has multiple opportunities for substitutes currently within our Head Start program.
Candidates for these positions must be able to deal with the issues of poverty with sensitivity and confidentiality and thrive in a high energy, multi-tasking environment. Experience working with children and/or Early Childhood Education is desired but not required. The selected candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.