|Title:||Center Director - Northeast Alabama|
REPORTS TO: Education Manager
This key position will serve to provide leadership and engage site staff to ensure a partnership environment to promote standards, policies and procedures of the program. This position is also responsible for staff supervision, coaching, training, modeling best practices, and communicating with staff to verify that the expectations of the program are met or exceeded.
- Directly lead, monitor and supervise classroom staff, Family Engagement Specialist and center support staff.
- Use the Practice Based Coaching model to support staff’s implementation of quality teaching practices.
- Provide status reports to Education Manager concerning monitoring and support of classroom staff.
- Work collaboratively with all contents and support staff.
- Respond to staff and parent concerns, questions, and complaints as soon as possible. Problem solve and pull from various resources to produce positive results.
- Work in coordination with Family Engagement Specialist on parent/family orientation, training, and parent/family engagement and recruitment.
- Collaborate with Family Engagement Specialist to create a recruitment plan for center team to carry out.
- Ensure all licensing and facility concerns are handled in a timely manner.
- Accountable for accurate daily sign-in/out, time sheet entry, leave requests and time sheet approval.
- Schedule meetings with school principals, child care directors, and key staff to build rapport, ask for feedback, and relay the value of partnering with Children’s Services.
- Completes ongoing and annual Performance Review/Performance Feedback and assists with individual improvement plans on classroom staff and support staff.
- Works closely with the Director of Children’s Services, Education Manager and Education Assistant regarding staff vacancies, performance issues, transfers and corrective actions. Submits Personnel Action Forms when staff positions/locations change.
- Ensures ratio is maintained in classrooms at all times by qualified staff.
- Monitor number of budgeted work days and hours to ensure budget compliance.
- Monitor, review and maintain classroom quality to ensure safe and positive learning environments.
- Review, monitor, and approve purchase requisitions for ordering. Responsible for ensuring purchases are received and receipts are submitted to Fiscal within the required timeframe.
- Ensure the curricula and assessment system is used to fidelity.
- Conducts CLASS assessments.
- Promote School Readiness Goals and provide strategies to increase children’s outcomes.
- Conducts site visits and monitoring for quality on a frequent basis.
- Model appropriate strategies and techniques frequently.
- Serve as an advocate for children and family issues in the community
- Encourage, empower and support classroom staff through training, modeling and written documentation to increase individual performance.
- Develops and conducts internal and external training to promote quality learning environments.
- Stay current in early childhood strategies and practices to provide best possible resources to classroom staff.
- Analyzes data reports and share with staff to increase child outcomes.
- Reports and recommends professional development and corrective action to Education Manager and Director of Children’s Services for classroom staff not performing at expected level.
- Work collaboratively with OSR Coaches and Monitors on classroom goals and requirements.
- Ensure all OSR paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
- Attend Grantee and ASAP training for Pre-K.
- Ensure the Pre-K recruitment and guidelines are followed.
- Work to ensure the ChildPlus and Pre-K system are updated and match.
- Ensure staff attend all Pre-K required training.
- Complete Purchase Requisitions for registration and travel for Pre-K Trainings.
- Meet with Pre-K staff monthly to review checklist.
- Collaborate with staff to plan orientation.
- Collaborate with Early Learning Coaching Team to meet staff needs.
- Complete tasks and assignments based on CCP requirements.
- Support and understand the vision, mission and values of the Partnership.
- Attend community activities and meetings appropriate for the Program.
- Conduct community outreach to build support, awareness, positive relationships and open communication with local entities that reflects the vision of the agency.
- Supports Policy Council process, promotes the importance of programmatic governance and makes contact with the representative as needed.
- Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
Work Relationships and Scope:
Reports directly to the Children’s Services Education Manager concerning work related tasks and locations. Regular interaction with Education Assistant, Director of Children’s Services, Contents, Children’s Services support staff, and co-workers. Frequent interaction with the general public, Federal, and State regulatory agencies.
Measure of Performance:
- Conduct Creative Curriculum Fidelity Tool. (1/year)
- Conduct CLASS Assessment on each classroom. (2/year)
- Provide coaching based on the Practice Based Coaching Model. (ongoing)
- Provide supervision on monitoring. (ongoing).
- Review Family Engagement Specialist checklist to ensure requirements are met. (monthly)
- Collaborate with center team to recruit children and families. (ongoing)
- Collaborate with center team to conduct Transition Meeting. (1/year)
- Conduct Performance Appraisals on direct reports. (1/year)
- Conduct licensing check to verify all requirements are met. (1/year)
- Pull ChildPlus Report to verify mandates and rescreens are complete. (ongoing)
- Review TS GOLD data verify teacher’s completion of required entries. (3/year)
- Pull ChildPlus reports to verify children have required Home Visits and Parent Conferences. (2/year)
- Verify each classroom inventory for accuracy and required materials. (1/year)
- Enter all coaching sessions into Child Plus. (monthly)
- Enter accurate time, work tasks and location. (daily)
- Approve and review direct reports timesheets. (daily)
- Follow program policies and procedures. (ongoing)
- Work with FES and teaching staff to build relationships with families. (ongoing)
- Deadlines are met with 100% accuracy. (ongoing)
- Collaborate with Mental Health Consultant resources for staff, children, and families. (ongoing)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Work is performed in an office setting and classrooms with minimal safety issues. Frequent travel is required travel to outside meetings and Partnership sites throughout northern Alabama counties. This position requires sitting, standing, bending, and minimal lifting. This position requires a valid driver’s license, valid insurance and safe driving record.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the Education Manager. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.