|Title:||Early Head Start Teacher Assistant- UAH (Madison County)|
REPORTS TO: Children’s Services Classroom Specialist DATE: 01-2019
GRADE LEVEL/SALARY: 14 – TA with a CDA or a CDC; $10.00
15 – TA with an AA; $10.95
16 – TA with a BS or BA; $11.96
Teacher Assistants must provide responsive care, effective teaching, and an organized learning environment that promotes healthy development and children’s skill growth aligned with the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework, including children with disabilities. Emphasize nurturing and responsive practices, interactions and environments that support all children’s engagement.
Deliver high-quality early education and child development services, at a minimum by implementing the following:
- Head Start Performance Standards
- Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework
- Daycare Licensing Minimum Standards
- Agency Policies and Procedures
- Creative Curriculum
- Alabama Early Learning Guidelines
- Alabama Developmental Standards for Preschool Children
- Regularly communicate with parents to ensure they are well informed about their child’s routines, activity and behavior.
- Engages in the Practice Based Coaching Model
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of all items listed under job duties.
- Use of effective Teaching Practices.
- Focus on promoting growth and developmental progressions in children.
- Integrate and analyze child assessment data for planning.
- Integrate developmentally appropriate learning experiences in all developmental areas.
- Conduct screens and assessments.
Must have a minimum of a CDC or CDA with experience working with young children. Associate Degree/BS in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
- Willing to obtain an age appropriate CPR/First Aid Certification.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance and safe driving record.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Will look to teacher for guidance and additional training.
- Submit required paperwork to teacher for review.
- Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position or related duties.
Work Relationships and Scope:
Reports directly to the Children’s Services Classroom Specialist (CSCS). Works closely with Teacher, Family Engagement Staff, Children’s Services support staff, children and families.
Measure of Performance:
Quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed.
- TPOT Scores are 80% or above. (yearly)
- ITERS Scores meet expectations, and improve from 1st semester to 2nd semester. (2x/year)
- Deadlines are met at 100%. (ongoing)
- PDPs are followed and expectations are met. (on-going)
- Paperwork is submitted on time with 100% accuracy. (ongoing)
- Individualize with children based on their needs and interests. (ongoing)
- Assess children’s development and learning. (3x/year)
- Engage in Practice Based Coaching, ongoing. (ongoing)
- Accountable for time in EWS. (daily)
- Parent Conference (2 per year, per child)
- Home Visits (2 per year, per child)
- Initial Home Visits will be made prior to the child’s attendance.
- Work with FES to build relationships with families. (ongoing)
- Follow program Policies and Procedures. (ongoing)
- Follow guidance and recommendations from teacher. (ongoing)
Work is performed in a classroom setting. Minimum travel to make home visits is required. This position requires sitting, standing, bending, and minimal lifting of at least 40 pounds.
All full-time employees of the Partnership are provided a very generous and exceptional benefits package which includes full medical coverage managed by PEEHIP (BC/BS Plan). The agency contributes over 10% monthly to the Retirement System of Alabama on behalf of each employee.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the Children’s Services Classroom Specialist (CSCS). All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.